Do you have a child between the ages of 0-5?
Fill out our Early Learning Programs Form to determine your child's initial eligibility for services within the region including Transitional Kindergarten, Head Start, Early Head Start, State Preschool, and Parent/Child Workshops through the Family Resource Centers! Click here for the online Early Learning Programs form and one of our staff will be in contact with you to explain the various services that may be available to you and your child.
Do you have a child between the ages of 6-14?
If you have questions about our enrollment process or need additional support, please fill out the Pre-Enrollment Form and someone from our Student Wellness & Support Services Office will contact you. Otherwise, see below for our enrollment process.
I am new to the area, how do I know which school my child belongs to?
Please check the School Locator to verify which elementary or middle school attendance area your address belongs to.
For a list of schools, click here.
What documents do I need to enroll my child into school?
To enroll a student you need to provide the following documentation to the school Secretary:
- Withdrawal papers from previous school
- Immunization records (If from out of the Santa Clara County, you must also provide the results from the Mantou TB Test)
- Birth Certificate (Copy is made in person)
- Please provide information from previously enrolled school
- Proof of address within school/District boundaries; i.e. most current utility bill showing parent/guardian's name and address
- If the student is a Special Education student, a current IEP should be provided at the time of registration to facilitate support services.
Please call the school Secretary for registration hours and to confirm needed registration paperwork. If you are enrolling your child between June 26-August 11, 2018, please visit our Student Wellness & Support Services Office as school offices are closed for the summer.
If I want to transfer my child from one Franklin-McKinley School to another, what steps do I take?
If I want to transfer my child outside of the Franklin-McKinley School District, what steps do I take?
Transferring Students into Franklin-McKinley School District
Students who wish to transfer into FMSD should contact their district of residence and file an Interdistrict transfer request.
How long does it take to receive notice of intra or inter district request for transfer?
Once the completed form has been received by the Student Wellness & Support Services Office, parent/guardian will receive a letter within 10 business days.